Tuesday, January 26, 2010

V~R:

Hello everyone, I go by V~R. I identify myself as a conscious being. I intend to be known through my thoughts, and that is what I intend to share here today.

As with all people in the world, I hold a certain group of preferences which shape my goals, and my goals inspire my actions. One thing I strongly prefer is for people to be understanding of events, and act honestly.

First of all consider the nature of the universe. At least on the practical level, everything is cause and effect. Nothing exists as it is now without a prior and complete explanation. Furthermore the nature of any given explanation is "real." It involves the physical and the mathematical, the tangible and the logical. Events of the universe are explainable in terms of cause and effect, and (essentially) completely so.

Focusing in a little bit more on the subject matter at hand...people are events of the universe. Like everything else in nature, they too are things to be understood in a concrete objectified way. Unfortunately, social animals as we are, we sometimes let our feelings and inclinations get in the way of this often idealized goal. For example we tend to be more understanding of the circumstances surrounding a friend's dilemma than we are of the circumstances surrounding an enemy's dilemma. When there is someone we dislike we tend to be more dismissive of their life circumstances when ideally we should try to take an objectified view on the cause and effect they are interwoven with and try to understand them like we would try to understand any other part of nature or the universe. I prefer such practice on my part and on everyone's part, and so here I encourage you: Be understanding of all things in nature.

Now that I have put that out there I would like to explain what I mean by "acting honestly." When I say a person acts honestly all it means is that they are being honest with themselves in their actions. If they do something wrong they understand that what they are doing is wrong. They don't try to deceive themselves into justifying such behavior because they are honest with themselves with regards to their own actions. I prefer such practice on my part and on everyone's part, and so here I encourage you: Be honest with yourself in your actions.


Now this group consists of people who contain what many people would consider bizarre, even frightening, sexual fantasies (and sometimes nonsexual fantasies as well). Now you may dislike this whole concept, and you may feel tempted to dismiss our sanity and sincerity right away, but we are events and part of this universe as everything else is. We have our own life circumstances and thoughts and feelings. We hope you will try to understand us in the same way you would try to understand any other part of nature or a good friend looking for you to hear them out on an issue.

We are also here to try to open up discussion about this topic. Everyone is invited. I would like to make it clear right now though: We are not out to break the law, advocate a change of law, or harm anyone or anything in any way shape or form! That isn't what we are about...not by a long long shot.

All we want to do is live in peace with everyone and live in peace with ourselves. Unfortunately that can be difficult since we are viewed almost universally as dangerous and sick people. The truth is a great many of us hide the fact of our oddities to avoid social trouble, so we are actually more common in the world than it may appear. We hope that, through this group, we will show the world that we are indeed normal for the most part. It may be hard to believe from an outsider's perspective but we encourage you to try to walk around in our shoes for a little bit...after all there is probably something odd about you as well. No one is the same, and we are no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Be sure to think before you post your comment!